English verb work [ˈwɜːk].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb work: Infinitive (work), Past Simple - (worked), Past Participle - (worked).
Forms of verb work in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb work in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of work.
Three forms of verb work
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of work?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) work in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - work. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - worked, wrought. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - worked, wrought. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of work?
The past tense of work is: work in past simple is worked, wrought. and past participle is worked, wrought.
What is the past tense of work?
The past tense of work is worked or
The past participle of work is worked or wrought.
Past simple — work in past simple worked,
Future simple — work in future simple work. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — work in present perfect tense worked, wrought. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — work in past perfect tense worked, wrought. (had + V3)
work regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is work an irregular verb?? work is regular verb.
Examples of Verb work in Sentences
- All he has to do is to work harder (Present Simple)
- You worked with her at Green-Star (Past Simple)
- She has never worked in a hospital before (Present Perfect)
- This is the school where she works as a teacher (Present Simple)
- We know that because their friend works with kids (Present Simple)
- Mark worked here last summer (Past Simple)
- The best clients I ever worked on (Past Simple)
- She was working in the bedroom while Tom was working in the kitchen (Past Continuous)
- Must be something Matilda was working on (Past Continuous)
- Something we give you will definitely work (Future Simple)