English verb try [traɪ].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb try: Infinitive (try), Past Simple - (tried), Past Participle - (tried).
Forms of verb try in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb try in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of try.
Three forms of verb try
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of try?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) try in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - try. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - tried. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - tried. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of try?
The past tense of try is: try in past simple is tried. and past participle is tried.
What is the past tense of try?
The past tense of try is tried.
The past participle of try is tried.
Past simple — try in past simple tried.
Future simple — try in future simple try. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — try in present perfect tense tried. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — try in past perfect tense tried. (had + V3)
try regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is try an irregular verb?? try is regular verb.
Examples of Verb try in Sentences
- This disorder tried me severely (Past Simple)
- He was trying not to fall (Past Continuous)
- We tried our best to rescue her (Past Simple)
- He always tries to cheer me up (Present Simple)
- I have never tried Chinese food before (Present Perfect)
- Don't try to convince me, that's useless (Present Simple)
- We are trying to prove that we are right (Present Continuous)
- I tried to tell her the truth, but she didn't listen to me (Past Simple)
- He has been trying to study for three hours (Present Perfect Continuous)
- I tried fishing, jogging, meditation, but nothing calms me down (Past Simple)