The English verb 'button' is pronounced as [ˈbʌtn].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb button: Infinitive (button), Past Simple - (buttoned), Past Participle - (buttoned).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb button
👉 Forms of verb button in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of button.
Button: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb button?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'button'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'button'
- the first form (V1) is 'button' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'buttoned' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'buttoned' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of button?
The past tense and past participle of button are: button in past simple is buttoned, and past participle is buttoned.
What is the past tense of button?
The past tense of the verb "button" is "buttoned", and the past participle is "buttoned".
Past simple — button in past simple buttoned
Future simple — button in future simple is button (will + V1).
Present Perfect — button in present perfect tense is buttoned (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — button in past perfect tense is buttoned (had + V3).
button regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'button' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'button' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb button in Sentences
- It's really cold today so button your coat (Present Simple)
- I hope you buttoned her jacket before you packed them (Past Simple)
- His blue shirt was on and buttoned when he was shot (Present Simple)
- Button you jacket up and go (Present Simple)
- Just button up that uniform and protect yourself. (Present Simple)
- After dinner he couldn't even button his shirt. (Past Simple)
- James had put on his denim coat and buttoned it (Past Perfect)
- She watched him buttoning his shirt in front of the mirror. (Past Simple)
- Quickly button yourself up, we're in a hurry (Present Simple)
- He was all buttoned up (Past Simple)