The English verb 'call in' is pronounced as [kɔːl ɪn].
Related to: regular verbs, phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb call in: Infinitive (call in), Past Simple - (called in), Past Participle - (called in).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb call in
👉 Forms of verb call in in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of call in.
Call in: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|call in [kɔːl ɪn]||
called in [kɔːld ɪn]
called in [kɔːld ɪn]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb call in?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'call in'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'call in'
- the first form (V1) is 'call in' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'called in' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'called in' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of call in?
The past tense and past participle of call in are: call in in past simple is called in, and past participle is called in.
What is the past tense of call in?
The past tense of the verb "call in" is "called in", and the past participle is "called in".
Past simple — call in in past simple called in
Future simple — call in in future simple is call in (will + V1).
Present Perfect — call in in present perfect tense is called in (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — call in in past perfect tense is called in (had + V3).
call in regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'call in' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'call in' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb call in in Sentences
- The company can call in the loan at any time (Present Simple)
- I haven't had a chance to call in for repairs yet (Past Perfect)
- The ship will call in port tomorrow (Future Simple)
- You can ask your doctor to call in another prescription (Present Simple)
- The patient called in the doctor (Past Simple)
- John called in sick this morning (Past Simple)
- He calls in just to tell her he is thinking of her (Present Simple)
- We'll call in sick anytime you have a problem (Future Simple)
- You will be called in when you are 18 (Future Simple)
- We call in because you don't pay for 6 months (Present Simple)