English verb claim [kleɪm].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb claim: Infinitive (claim), Past Simple - (claimed), Past Participle - (claimed).
Forms of verb claim in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb claim in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of claim.
Three forms of verb claim
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of claim?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) claim in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - claim. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - claimed. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - claimed. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of claim?
The past tense of claim is: claim in past simple is claimed. and past participle is claimed.
What is the past tense of claim?
The past tense of claim is claimed.
The past participle of claim is claimed.
Past simple — claim in past simple claimed.
Future simple — claim in future simple claim. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — claim in present perfect tense claimed. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — claim in past perfect tense claimed. (had + V3)
claim regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is claim an irregular verb?? claim is regular verb.
Examples of Verb claim in Sentences
- The company could not defend its right to these territories. (Past Simple)
- Migrants immediately claimed their rights. (Past Simple)
- She claimed that she'd been cheated. (Past Simple)
- The accident claimed many lives of young people. (Past Simple)
- She claims that I always cheat at chess. (Present Simple)
- Lost property can be claimed between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. (Present Simple)
- Why did he claim that he killed the burglar? (Past Simple)
- Both of them claimed credit for the idea for many years. (Past Simple)
- Do you believe that he claimed that a witch had put a hex on him? (Past Simple)
- The discoverer claimed the island for his country. (Past Simple)