The English verb 'decline' is pronounced as [dɪ'klaɪn].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb decline: Infinitive (decline), Past Simple - (declined), Past Participle - (declined).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb decline
👉 Forms of verb decline in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of decline.
Decline: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb decline?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'decline'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'decline'
- the first form (V1) is 'decline' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'declined' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'declined' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of decline?
The past tense and past participle of decline are: decline in past simple is declined, and past participle is declined.
What is the past tense of decline?
The past tense of the verb "decline" is "declined", and the past participle is "declined".
Past simple — decline in past simple declined
Future simple — decline in future simple is decline (will + V1).
Present Perfect — decline in present perfect tense is declined (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — decline in past perfect tense is declined (had + V3).
decline regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'decline' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'decline' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb decline in Sentences
- According to the law, such an invitation can be politely declined and left. (Present Simple)
- - I'm afraid of making her jealous, so I have to decline your offer. (Present Simple)
- We had no idea yet that our perfect world was already beginning to decline. (Past Simple)
- Their economy, deprived of foreign markets, collapsed, production collapsed, and cities declined. (Past Simple)
- Gradually his condition declines, and one day a bullet will kill him. (Present Simple)
- His health declined very noticeably precisely in 1951-1952. (Past Simple)
- The surrounding villages were deserted, field work had come to a standstill, and economic affairs had declined. (Past Perfect)
- In fifty years of peaceful life, the art of warfare has declined (Present Perfect)
- Fear that hope will decline as suddenly as it has grown. (Future Simple)
- There was a clear sound, like the ringing of a bell, and slowly it declined. (Past Simple)