The English verb 'drop off' is pronounced as [drɒp ɒf].
Related to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb drop off: Infinitive (drop off), Past Simple - (dropped off), Past Participle - (dropped off).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb drop off
👉 Forms of verb drop off in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of drop off.
Drop off: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|drop off [drɒp ɒf]||
dropped off [drɒpt ɒf]
dropped off [drɒpt ɒf]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb drop off?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'drop off'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'drop off'
- the first form (V1) is 'drop off' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'dropped off' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'dropped off' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of drop off?
The past tense and past participle of drop off are: drop off in past simple is dropped off, and past participle is dropped off.
What is the past tense of drop off?
The past tense of the verb "drop off" is "dropped off", and the past participle is "dropped off".
Past simple — drop off in past simple dropped off
Future simple — drop off in future simple is drop off (will + V1).
Present Perfect — drop off in present perfect tense is dropped off (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — drop off in past perfect tense is dropped off (had + V3).
drop off regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'drop off' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'drop off' is .
Examples of Verb drop off in Sentences
- They were dropped off at the hotel (Past Simple)
- I'll come to you tonight and drop off your cake pan (Future Simple)
- Our conversations have really dropped off (Present Perfect)
- We had to close our company after sales dropped off sharply (Past Perfect)
- She likes when I drop her off into the pool (Present Simple)
- I dropped off to sleep after 5 minutes when I got home (Past Simple)
- The car's bumper just dropped off (Past Simple)
- I worked until I thought my arms would drop off (Past Simple)