English verb gird [ɡɜːd].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb gird: Infinitive (gird), Past Simple - (girded), Past Participle - (girded).
Forms of verb gird in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb gird in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of gird.
Three forms of verb gird
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of gird?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) gird in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - gird. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - girded, girt. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - girded, girt. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of gird?
The past tense of gird is: gird in past simple is girded, girt. and past participle is girded, girt.
What is the past tense of gird?
The past tense of gird is girded or
The past participle of gird is girded or girt.
Past simple — gird in past simple girded,
Future simple — gird in future simple gird. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — gird in present perfect tense girded, girt. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — gird in past perfect tense girded, girt. (had + V3)
gird regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is gird an irregular verb?? gird is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb gird in Sentences
- A river girds the city. (Present Simple)
- He was already girding for the most important job of his life. (Past Continuous)
- They girt battle swords on her sons. (Past Simple)
- The United States is girding for a world conflict. (Present Continuous)
- The house was girt by darkness like a wall. (Past Simple)
- The whole city is girt by troops. (Present Simple)
- Until mid-summer, both the police and the demonstrators were girding to confront. (Past Continuous)
- She had to girt as if for a battle. (Past Simple)
- We must gird ourselves for a long-term effort. (Present Simple)
- Gird up your middle-aged loins, baby. (Present Simple)