The English verb 'give in' is pronounced as [gɪv ɪn].
Related to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb give in: Infinitive (give in), Past Simple - (gave in), Past Participle - (given in).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb give in
👉 Forms of verb give in in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of give in.
Give in: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|give in [gɪv ɪn]||
gave in [geɪv ɪn]
given in [gɪvn ɪn]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb give in?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'give in'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'give in'
- the first form (V1) is 'give in' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'gave in' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'given in' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of give in?
The past tense and past participle of give in are: give in in past simple is gave in, and past participle is given in.
What is the past tense of give in?
The past tense of the verb "give in" is "gave in", and the past participle is "given in".
Past simple — give in in past simple gave in
Future simple — give in in future simple is give in (will + V1).
Present Perfect — give in in present perfect tense is given in (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — give in in past perfect tense is given in (had + V3).
give in regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'give in' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'give in' is .
Examples of Verb give in in Sentences
- They are about to give in (Present Simple)
- The most important thing is not to give in (Present Simple)
- If they win, I give in (Present Simple)
- You were right not to give in (Past Simple)
- I won't give in either (Future Simple)
- But we can't give in now (Present Simple)
- You've got to know when to give in (Present Simple)
- Don't give in to hate (Present Simple)