English verb hear [hɪə].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb hear: Infinitive (hear), Past Simple - (heard), Past Participle - (heard).
Forms of verb hear in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb hear in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of hear.
Three forms of verb hear
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of hear?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) hear in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - hear. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - heard. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - heard. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of hear?
The past tense of hear is: hear in past simple is heard. and past participle is heard.
What is the past tense of hear?
The past tense of hear is heard.
The past participle of hear is heard.
Past simple — hear in past simple heard.
Future simple — hear in future simple hear. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — hear in present perfect tense heard. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — hear in past perfect tense heard. (had + V3)
hear regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is hear an irregular verb?? hear is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb hear in Sentences
- Can they hear us? (Present Simple)
- He heard Emily go upstairs (Past Simple)
- She doesn't hear the radio (Present Simple)
- I didn't hear you a minute ago, what was it? (Past Simple)
- I haven't heard anything, and you? (Present Perfect)
- They hadn't heard their parents before they called them (Past Perfect)
- Have you heard the thunder? (Present Perfect)
- My grandfather can't hear well (Present Simple)
- We heard some noise, but didn't pay attention to it (Past Simple)
- They will hear it and come home (Future Simple)