English verb learn [lɜ:n].
Relate to: irregular verbs, regular verbs.
3 forms of verb learn: Infinitive (learn), Past Simple - (learnt), Past Participle - (learnt).
Forms of verb learn in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb learn in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of learn.
Three forms of verb learn
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of learn?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) learn in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - learn. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - learnt, learned. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - learnt, learned. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of learn?
The past tense of learn is: learn in past simple is learnt, learned. and past participle is learnt, learned.
What is the past tense of learn?
The past tense of learn is learnt or
The past participle of learn is learnt or learned.
Past simple — learn in past simple learnt,
Future simple — learn in future simple learn. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — learn in present perfect tense learnt, learned. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — learn in past perfect tense learnt, learned. (had + V3)
learn regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is learn an irregular verb?? learn is regular or irregular verb.
Examples of Verb learn in Sentences
- You should live and learn! (Present Simple)
- He is learning to drive (Present Continuous)
- She had learned Sanskrit (Past Perfect)
- Can't learn these new words (Present Simple)
- Have you already learned these words? (Present Perfect)
- And we all will learn something new (Future Simple)
- Think of what we can learn here (Present Simple)
- Today we have learned more than usually (Present Perfect)
- I have learned from my own mistakes (Present Perfect)
- You will never learn to cook if avoid a kitchen (Future Simple)