English verb melt [melt].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb melt: Infinitive (melt), Past Simple - (melted), Past Participle - (melted).
Forms of verb melt in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb melt in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of melt.
Three forms of verb melt
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of melt?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) melt in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - melt. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - melted. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - melted. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of melt?
The past tense of melt is: melt in past simple is melted. and past participle is melted.
What is the past tense of melt?
The past tense of melt is melted.
The past participle of melt is melted.
Past simple — melt in past simple melted.
Future simple — melt in future simple melt. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — melt in present perfect tense melted. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — melt in past perfect tense melted. (had + V3)
melt regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is melt an irregular verb?? melt is regular verb.
Examples of Verb melt in Sentences
- And candles were on this table and melted (Past Simple)
- The red metal and the ring have melted around it (Present Perfect)
- The sun will soon melt the ice. (Future Simple)
- The wax has melted. (Present Perfect)
- She melted at his kind words, because no one had ever said that to her before. (Past Simple)
- Her heart melted with pity. (Past Simple)
- The butter will melt quickly in a hot skillet. (Future Simple)
- Her resistance has melted away under his spell. (Present Perfect)
- When I saw her cry, my heart melted. (Past Simple)
- When the ice melted, a terrible flood began on the river. (Past Simple)