English verb must [mʌst].
Relate to: regular verbs, modal verbs.
3 forms of verb must: Infinitive (must).
Forms of verb must in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb must in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of must.
Three forms of verb must
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of must?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) must in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - must. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of must?
The past tense of must is: must in past simple is and past participle is
What is the past tense of must?
The past tense of must is
The past participle of must is
Past simple — must in past simple (V2)
Future simple — must in future simple must. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — must in present perfect tense (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — must in past perfect tense (had + V3)
must regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is must an irregular verb?? must is regular verb.
Examples of Verb must in Sentences
- They must come and have lunch with us someday (Present Simple)
- The committee must assist people in social distress (Present Simple)
- Journalists must continue to write about Blue Bear (Present Simple)
- You must read more. (Present Simple)
- We must visit our mother at the hospital. (Present Simple)
- They must be waiting for a bus. (Present Simple)
- You must come and dine with us sometime. (Present Simple)
- The vehicle must have fuel to move. (Present Simple)
- Visitors of the zoo must not feed the animals. (Present Simple)
- By this time he must be at home for sure, he left an hour ago. (Present Simple)