English verb ride [raɪd].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb ride: Infinitive (ride), Past Simple - (rode), Past Participle - (ridden).
Forms of verb ride in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb ride in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of ride.
Three forms of verb ride
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of ride?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) ride in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - ride. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - rode. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - ridden. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of ride?
The past tense of ride is: ride in past simple is rode. and past participle is ridden.
What is the past tense of ride?
The past tense of ride is rode.
The past participle of ride is ridden.
Past simple — ride in past simple rode.
Future simple — ride in future simple ride. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — ride in present perfect tense ridden. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — ride in past perfect tense ridden. (had + V3)
ride regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is ride an irregular verb?? ride is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb ride in Sentences
- We ride to hotel in a bus (Present Simple)
- She never rode on an elephant before (Past Simple)
- He learned to ride when he was six (Past Simple)
- Perhaps I can ride with Courtney (Present Simple)
- My dad left before I could ride a bike (Past Simple)
- No, I'm too scared to drive again (Present Simple)
- My uncle took me for a ride in the countryside (Past Simple)
- He will ride east of the city (Future Simple)
- She rode horses and she looked just like you (Past Simple)
- I ride my bike to work (Present Simple)