The English verb 'seat' is pronounced as [siːt].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb seat: Infinitive (seat), Past Simple - (seated), Past Participle - (seated).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb seat
👉 Forms of verb seat in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of seat.
Seat: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb seat?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'seat'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'seat'
- the first form (V1) is 'seat' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'seated' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'seated' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of seat?
The past tense and past participle of seat are: seat in past simple is seated, and past participle is seated.
What is the past tense of seat?
The past tense of the verb "seat" is "seated", and the past participle is "seated".
Past simple — seat in past simple seated
Future simple — seat in future simple is seat (will + V1).
Present Perfect — seat in present perfect tense is seated (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — seat in past perfect tense is seated (had + V3).
seat regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'seat' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'seat' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb seat in Sentences
- Please stay seated until we reach the station (Past Simple)
- She was seated in his office at the shop (Past Simple)
- He came to his senses when he was already sitting next to her, still not letting her hand out of his powerful palms. (Past Simple)
- The golden wizards just want to sit where the birds can't get to. (Present Simple)
- - In any case," she objected, "I can't sit here idly by without trying to do something to save him. (Present Simple)
- - I still can't get used to your civilian costume," said the general, carefully seating his guest. (Present Simple)
- - I just realized it was a trap," she repented quietly as the man gently settled her into a chair. (Past Simple)
- - Oh, I'll tell you everything! - She exclaimed as she sat her guest down. (Past Simple)
- The teacher sits the children on chairs in a semicircle and shows them their pictures one by one. (Present Simple)
- At the beginning of the second hour, I was seating people on the floor like in elementary school. (Past Continuous)