The English verb 'shred' is pronounced as [ʃred].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb shred: Infinitive (shred), Past Simple - (shred), Past Participle - (shred).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb shred
👉 Forms of verb shred in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of shred.
Shred: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb shred?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'shred'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'shred'
- the first form (V1) is 'shred' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'shred', 'shredded' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'shred', 'shredded' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of shred?
The past tense and past participle of shred are: shred in past simple is shred, shredded, and past participle is shred. shredded.
What is the past tense of shred?
The past tense of the verb "shred" is "shred", or "shredded", and the past participle is "shred" or "shredded".
Past simple — shred in past simple shred,
Future simple — shred in future simple is shred (will + V1).
Present Perfect — shred in present perfect tense is shred, shredded (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — shred in past perfect tense is shred, shredded (had + V3).
shred regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'shred' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'shred' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb shred in Sentences
- - What did I tell you? - She grumbled, shredding the cheese with her knife, as if it was to blame for all the trouble. (Present Simple)
- He thought he saw the white belly of a shark, so he began to shred it with his knife. (Past Simple)
- Now the bullets were shredding the breathless body of the radio operator, pounding on the radio. (Past Continuous)
- When they realized that the master's yoke had loosened, they began to shred each other, first timidly, then more and more actively. (Past Simple)
- Then the thing turned, walked over to the silver tray, and began to shred the bread with a knife. (Past Simple)
- So if a person shreds a carrot, you're on the carrot's side? (Present Simple)
- You can safely unwrap it and shred it. (Present Simple)
- He shredded his ridiculous ticket and yelled, "I hate women, I'm sick of power, I'm sick of fame, I'm sick of fame... (Past Simple)
- She had to make the right choice: continue to shred the human cub or fend off the attack of the man running at her. (Past Simple)
- For three days the king rampaged, beating dishes, shredding expensive tapestries. (Past Simple)