The English verb 'soothe' is pronounced as [su:ð].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb soothe: Infinitive (soothe), Past Simple - (soothed), Past Participle - (soothed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb soothe
👉 Forms of verb soothe in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of soothe.
Soothe: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb soothe?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'soothe'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'soothe'
- the first form (V1) is 'soothe' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'soothed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'soothed' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of soothe?
The past tense and past participle of soothe are: soothe in past simple is soothed, and past participle is soothed.
What is the past tense of soothe?
The past tense of the verb "soothe" is "soothed", and the past participle is "soothed".
Past simple — soothe in past simple soothed
Future simple — soothe in future simple is soothe (will + V1).
Present Perfect — soothe in present perfect tense is soothed (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — soothe in past perfect tense is soothed (had + V3).
soothe regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'soothe' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'soothe' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb soothe in Sentences
- These beautiful words, as they should happen, soothe the soldiers a little (Present Simple)
- A ripple of water always soothes frayed nerves and headaches. (Present Simple)
- She hypnotized him with her appearance, soothing his heart and blood. (Past Simple)
- The impassive soft voice soothed, softened, relieved the tension. (Past Simple)
- You can soothe your ego and not admit to yourself why you work here. (Present Simple)
- Then the same thing will happen, and you will continue to soothe yourself with all kinds of ghostly hopes. (Future Simple)
- She squeezed her eyes shut and pressed her palms to her head, massaging her temples in an attempt to soothe the pain. (Past Simple)
- The boy crawled to the stream and lay down in it, hoping to soothe the pain with ice-cold water. (Past Simple)
- After a minute he lay down, soothing the frantic pounding of his heart (Past Simple)
- Шерсть, завёрнутая в тряпицу и приложенная ко лбу, унимала головную боль. (Past Simple)