The English verb 'tag' is pronounced as [tæɡ].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb tag: Infinitive (tag), Past Simple - (tagged), Past Participle - (tagged).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb tag
👉 Forms of verb tag in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of tag.
Tag: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb tag?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'tag'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'tag'
- the first form (V1) is 'tag' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'tagged' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'tagged' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of tag?
The past tense and past participle of tag are: tag in past simple is tagged, and past participle is tagged.
What is the past tense of tag?
The past tense of the verb "tag" is "tagged", and the past participle is "tagged".
Past simple — tag in past simple tagged
Future simple — tag in future simple is tag (will + V1).
Present Perfect — tag in present perfect tense is tagged (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — tag in past perfect tense is tagged (had + V3).
tag regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'tag' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'tag' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb tag in Sentences
- Anything you find, tag it and bag it (Present Simple)
- She was tagged as a swindler (Past Simple)
- This time they got snagged and tagged (Past Simple)
- The fame of a bummer was tagged for him. (Past Simple)
- She was tagged last night for speeding. (Past Simple)
- The child lost sight of his parents, but tagged after everyone. (Past Simple)
- He tagged each sentence with the phrase: "You know." (Past Simple)
- For her miniature size, she was tagged the nickname Nut. (Past Simple)
- If you haven't noticed, then all words are tagged with their part of speech. (Present Simple)
- It seems to me that I'm tagged here. (Present Simple)