English verb tower [ˈtaʊər].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb tower: Infinitive (tower), Past Simple - (towered), Past Participle - (towered).
Forms of verb tower in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb tower in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of tower.
Three forms of verb tower
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of tower?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) tower in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - tower. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - towered. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - towered. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of tower?
The past tense of tower is: tower in past simple is towered. and past participle is towered.
What is the past tense of tower?
The past tense of tower is towered.
The past participle of tower is towered.
Past simple — tower in past simple towered.
Future simple — tower in future simple tower. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — tower in present perfect tense towered. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — tower in past perfect tense towered. (had + V3)
tower regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is tower an irregular verb?? tower is regular verb.
Examples of Verb tower in Sentences
- The skyscraper towers above the hill (Present Simple)
- He towered over us all (Past Simple)
- His idol towered over many others (Past Simple)
- He walked around the compound and into the backyard, where a huge pile of brushwood and roots he had hauled from the valley towered above the house, above the barns, above the trees. (Past Simple)
- A deep crack in the ground, dozens of yards, no less, and on the other side is a slightly elevated rock with a cut off top, where the castle towers. (Present Simple)
- On one side towered a building more beautiful than the goat had ever seen in his life. (Past Simple)
- And behind the house towered mountains, with numerous spurs, landslides on the slopes, and peaks reaching into the sky. (Past Simple)
- Around them, like stalks of gigantic lilies, towered proudly like slender columns topped with flowers carved in stone. (Past Simple)
- That same evening, I towered a chair onto a table and, climbing up the structure, began to bang softly on the ceiling. (Past Simple)
- The farmer and I somehow towered the wounded man onto a horse and laid him on the horse's back. (Past Simple)