The English verb 'yawn' is pronounced as [jɔːn].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb yawn: Infinitive (yawn), Past Simple - (yawned), Past Participle - (yawned).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb yawn
👉 Forms of verb yawn in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of yawn.
Yawn: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb yawn?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'yawn'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'yawn'
- the first form (V1) is 'yawn' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'yawned' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'yawned' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of yawn?
The past tense and past participle of yawn are: yawn in past simple is yawned, and past participle is yawned.
What is the past tense of yawn?
The past tense of the verb "yawn" is "yawned", and the past participle is "yawned".
Past simple — yawn in past simple yawned
Future simple — yawn in future simple is yawn (will + V1).
Present Perfect — yawn in present perfect tense is yawned (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — yawn in past perfect tense is yawned (had + V3).
yawn regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'yawn' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'yawn' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb yawn in Sentences
- These cats make me yawn (Present Simple)
- She yawned several times in a row and went to sleep, despite the ban. (Past Simple)
- Jim yawned and stretched. (Past Simple)
- He has yawned good morning. (Present Perfect)
- She yawned quietly. (Past Simple)
- The child yawned during the long play. (Past Simple)
- Abyss yawned at our feet. (Past Simple)
- She lovely yawned and rubbed her eyes. (Past Simple)
- Helen yawned and scratched her forehead. (Past Simple)
- The cat sat up in bed, yawned, and stretched. (Past Simple)